Old 07-23-2020, 10:23 AM   #23
TylerLieberman

Drives: '24 GR86
Thanked 3,344 Times in 1,577 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
I honestly don't understand why safety gear gets such a bad rap and negative connotation here, and why apparently the first response is to laugh and make fun of it. You guys do what you want to do, but I'll go everything about my way to protect myself. Apparently you guys don't realize that a multiple impact, roll scenario does you no good when the airbags are already deflated, if someone else hits you after initial impact, etc etc. Yes, sure...it's rare potentially that it can happen, but it does. Happened last weekend at the track event I was at due to coolant down.

Here's all the "gear" I needed....Stock Seat, Stock Belt. Soooo much fitting to be able to use a HANs

Yep.

Free society and people are free to do as they please. If you, as an individual want to run less safety gear, then you accept the associated risks. That’s fine. But I also don’t understand why people put down anybody who wants to have quality safety components.

Everything is a risk analysis, cost v benefit. Fire suppression, HANS etc. some may be deemed necessary for your specific application, and others not so much.
TylerLieberman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TylerLieberman For This Useful Post:
Ohio Enthusiast (07-23-2020), vintagemxer (07-26-2020)