Old 06-18-2020, 10:59 PM   #886
Bodalenko
Steve Bodalenko

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpysnapper View Post
Yeah, the prop shaft does make a very very noticeable change to NVH... and carbon ( in my experience) is pretty much as bad.
But I do have a rear seat delete, so without the seat squabs, it might be a little less noisy for you. And I have also kept standard bushings and mounts throughout, so it could possibly not be any quieter too.
It is definitely one of those mods that if you don’t actually need it, I wouldn’t do it.
Ok wow. I nearly pulled to trigger on a CF from Varis. At $2k it’s not a cheap upgrade. What I would recommend is a Fluidampr Crank pulley. Took a lot of NVH out of my car.

Just wondering how you’ve wired you FlexFuel kit. For whatever reason Harrop wired mine straight to the pos battery terminal so it’s powered all the time. I’ve checked with Zeitronix re current requirement and they say it’s minimal and nowhere near in need of high amps. I’m intending to change it to a relay triggered by the power outlet in the glovebox. Only issue I’m aware of triggering it via an ACC powered source is the power for ACC cuts out when cranking so may effect the FlexFuel module.

As for our gearboxs, Neats in Adelaide have a hardening/shotpeening process that strengthens the gears. $2500 for the 86..
Bodalenko is offline   Reply With Quote