Thread: Ottawa FR-S
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2020, 08:27 AM   #10738
Klinn

Drives: '20 Pure Red BRZ, '20 Torch Red C8
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Good to see you're still around too, not to mention healthy! Normally this would be the time of year when I come out of hibernation and start getting ready for the new autox season, but there's nothing normal about these days.

Fortunately, neither of the cats have expressed much interest in attending university so I've got a bit more financial flexibility regarding automotive toys.
  • Last June put down a deposit on a C8 before the car was even officially revealed.
  • Last Sept the UAW went on strike and delayed start of production by about 1-1/2 months.
  • Feb 27th my C8 was built and held with all early cars for an extended quality control period (normal for a new model).
  • Mar 16th delivered to the Toledo Ohio rail yard to start it's journey home.
....and that's it. As far as anyone can tell, it's still sitting in Toledo. Hopefully some time GM and CN can get their act together and figure out how to actually deliver the car.

Could be worse -- I heard of one fellow in the States who died of Covid-19 while waiting for his C8 to be delivered. His widow had to call the dealer to cancel the order. Makes my problems seem insignificant.

Hmmm, don't want to end this post on such a gloomy note so let me add that all are healthy here, and the C6 still provides grins when exercising it on our sunny spring days.

Cheers!
Klinn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Klinn For This Useful Post:
FRS_Ken (05-13-2020), Pbrown (05-04-2020)