View Single Post
Old 03-13-2020, 06:55 PM   #3
mrhayes1

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS white
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
I have a 2013 that does not have a track mode but it does have sport mode. Perhaps you have a newer model with track mode? I dunno.

Anyway, unless they changed something that I am not aware of putting the car in sport mode does nothing in terms of traction, stability control or anything safety related. All it does is make the automatic transmission hold gears long. What you first described is a result of the nannies kicking in which as Tcoat stated they never fully turn off but holding down the traction control button for 5 seconds is the best you can do to get rid of them short of doing something dumb like pulling fuses.

The fact that you did not experience that again despite not holding down the traction control button for 5 seconds is probably because you just didn't push the car that hard again. The only things that alter the traction control/stability control are the "traction control button" located on the far left or the "VSC sport button" located on the far right. The middle buttons (snow and sport) don't affect traction control/stability control. At least this is how it is on my car.

Also, in my car, you cannot have the traction control fully off (by holding for 5 seconds) and the VSC sport mode selected at the same time; it is either one or the other. Holding down the traction control button for 5 seconds will get rid of the nannies as much as possible; more so than VSC sport (button farthest to right).
mrhayes1 is offline   Reply With Quote