soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,675 Times in 6,782 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
There is a whole pile of complete and total bullshit even in the first one. They go downhill for "realism" from there. Still fun little action movies though
you're right. some of it has to do with our age/experience differences.. you were already involved in cars in one way or another by that time, where i was 15 when the first one was released, so it was largely my first introduction to the car world as a whole. i had a 'car audio' binder i carried with my school books that had every printout i could get my grubby hands on with just about anything even remotely related to cars and car audio. by sophomore year, it was thicker than most of my textbooks.

i'd read ahead in the textbooks(and then they'd skip those chapters), and then hide crutchfield magazines in the books so i could read speaker, amplifier and head unit tech... i'm not a very good student

the first and second movies, i watched on repeat any time i wasn't working. i believed knowing every techy line they said was important for a while(i did seriously try to learn what the difference was between the gallo 12/24 was until i caught up on the joke)... heck, i bought a 2001 eclipse in 2007, in some ways because it was in the 2nd movie...

so i probably still take the first movie too seriously
humfrz (02-10-2020), Ultramaroon (02-10-2020)