View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 11:24 AM   #5
M0nk3y

Drives: 2016 Scion FRS / Chevy Colorado
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoxer62 View Post
Thanks for the comments and the link, having a build list is very helpful. I expect to put in poly bushings pretty much everywhere over time unless they don't work - sometimes poly bushings bind things up.

No choice on tires yet, there are frequent enough updates that I don't expect to pick a tire until later. It looks like 17x9 is the wheel size of choice, probably RPF1s.

On brake pads, is everyone using the same compound front and rear? Anything to be avoided? Currently I don't expect to do an upgrade beyond pads/hoses/fluid.
Follow the K.I.S.S. method. Lots of people like to throw money at everything thinking it's better. Doesn't necessarily mean it's right.

Look at the FRS cars that all have won nationals, going back to when they were first introduced into STX - you'll see none of them were ever full-tilt prep. To this date - only one even had an OSG (Lugod).

The only bushings you should prioritize is the whiteline insert bushings for the subframe. Every other one, can wait...IMO. This is the only bushing set I've done.

I run DS2500s F/R. I think they're the best overall pad you can get. Many options to choose. I don't think splitting pad compounds is the best idea.
Kyle H. - #89 STX
M0nk3y is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M0nk3y For This Useful Post:
justint5387 (01-08-2020), strat61caster (01-07-2020)