View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 03:47 PM   #263
wolffbite
Just the tip

Drives: 2017 DGM BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I hadn't ordered from FT86SF since 2017 when I placed two separate orders. They both shipped within 1-2 days of order. Had a small issue with one of the items being incorrect, but it was immediately re-shipped after I emailed them and was very happy with the service.

I placed my latest order on September 20, 2019 for two items to take advantage of the goodbye summer sale. Wasn't in a rush for the parts so I didn't really notice that I heard nothing for a week. Reached out to customer service via email on September 30 to get an update and also reached out to David via PM on the forums when I read this thread.

The response I got from customer service was within 24 hours but instead of an estimate on when it would ship I was told my items were coming from different warehouses, and they were not sure when they would arrive at the same warehouse to ship together. They asked if I wanted to ship the items separately to get them sooner. Since I'm in Canada, courier shipments get dinged heavily with fees coming across the border so shipping them separately isn't ideal.

David explained a bit further in his PM to me that yes they have two warehouses, and right now their system can take 4-6 weeks to transfer inventory between warehouses if you want everything to ship together.

Up until that email from David I had no idea that FT86SF had multiple warehouses. My multi-item orders in the past all shipped together and within 48 hours. I think this is something that should be improved on in regards to informing your customers... because all we can see is "IN STOCK" and not know what warehouse that refers to. This likely affects domestic shipments less as there would be no added customs fees to split up the order.

My question is would I have been contacted at all for the 4-6 week lag time to transfer between warehouses if I had not reached out myself and then agreed to have my items shipped separately?

Other than that I'm appreciative of the quick response from your CS team and from David here on the forum. After agreeing to ship separately I got item 1/2 last Friday and the other one should be here this week.
wolffbite is offline   Reply With Quote