View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 12:46 PM   #140
Pedro13

Drives: Toyota 86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi788 View Post
I hope they give everything that the haters have complained about. I want them to give it a turbo, 260hp, brembos, weigh in at 2600 lbs, lower COG, blah blah blah. On paper I want it to be amazing.

Upon release there will be great praise as the car has "been fixed"! Everything will be fine for a while. Then some Kyle will blow one up before 10k miles doing donuts at a cars and coffee. Then it will start to become an epidemic. Threads will infect this forum with stories of them blowing up "for no reason". Re-calls will make matters worse. The track guys will start blowing up left and right like every other forced induction Subaru. Then, everyone will covet and respect the first gen as the most fun version and praise it for being the amazing car that it is. - and that is what I wish. lol.

For real tho, keep it as close to the same as the first gen as they can. I like simple lightweight rwd cars. As little nannies as possible (just more stuff for me to rip out on its way to becoming a track car).

I totally agreed with your statement Takumi. I hate when people in this forum or in one of this "expert car "magazines/sites criticize current version because is "very slow" : like if most of people know how to drive PROPERLY a car with 500 hp's or a car that make 0-60 Milles in 2 seconds... or when complain due not enough nannies to help hem to drive "safe" and "comfortable". I appreciate the F-RS/BRZ/86 in the way that is now: pure and basic drive enjoyment. Personally believe that twins are a well engineered cars, in special at this tag price. Of course have a better sports cars, but for this price? nothing.

Same wish as Takumi, hopefully Toyota/Subaru keep this car as close as it is now, only with few improvements.
Pedro13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pedro13 For This Useful Post:
humfrz (10-02-2019)