Stang70Fastback
A.K.A. Starlord

Drives: 2015 Series.Blue
Thanked 2,099 Times in 834 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
my experience is that winter tires are 120% of what all seasons are. i will never say they are comparable, or equal. but i will say that the minor advantage is not enough of an increase for myself.
In TireRack's testing, the car equipped with winter tires stops in literally HALF the distance of the car with all-season tires on an icy surface...

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
i've chosen to alter my driving technique instead of installing/maintaining dedicated snow tires. not being an idiot keeps me out of ditches. leaving space keeps me from rear ending other cars.
Defensive driving is always the most important aspect in preventing an accident, but no amount of good driving can make up for a lack of grip in ALL situations. Even the best, most defensive driver cannot account for every eventuality, and having twice as much traction can sometimes be the difference-maker. I, for one, also pride myself in driving defensively... but that doesn't mean I also don't want to have twice as much grip in winter conditions
Attached Images

Check out my blog, read all about my BRZ adventures, and oogle my sweet cell-phone photos!
You can also find me on Instagram, and on Facebook.
Stang70Fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stang70Fastback For This Useful Post:
CrowsFeast (10-11-2019)