View Single Post
Old 09-01-2019, 07:13 PM   #12
gravitylover

Drives: 2013 BRZ Premium 6MT White
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCtoBRZ View Post
What fool actually walks in and pays MSRP? Many are buying Limited with performance pack for $25-27k without much haggling needed. Even at $30k, what other NEW cars can you buy today that are lightweight, RWD with a manual transmission? The Miata is the only other option and for those that don’t want a convertible or those that need a back seat or more than a few cubic feet of storage space... that rules out the Miata.
As far as the features of the Limited trim, the heated seats and fog lights were not the big selling points to me... it’s only cold enough to think about heated seats a few days a year where I live. The features that made it well worth any small price increase to me were the performance package, keyless entry/push button start, Alcantara seats and dual zone climate control.
With how few were available on dealer lots here in the northeast most people I know either special ordered, had the dealer get one from another somewhere else or traveled for theirs. Generally if you're ordering or the dealer is going to extreme measures to get one for you it's not going to be discounted much if at all. I know of quite a few people that paid $27k or higher especially for PP or special editions.

In '14 when I got mine those were the only significant differences which is why I went CPO rather than brand new. Well, that and the 100k warranty rather than 36k which turned out to be pretty important as they were still correcting things on my car right into the mid 90k range. The Alcantara seats weren't a factor for me at all, I actually don't like leather seats much anyway. Push button is cool but ehh, whatever. As small as the cabin is I still can't figure out why the dual zone even matters.