View Single Post
Old 09-01-2019, 09:47 AM   #9
NCtoBRZ

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ PP WRB
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
I had heated seats for over 15 years before this car, I don't miss them. The fabric seats are comfy after a minute even in the coldest weather. I had fog lights on the last 5 cars, I don't really miss them either. Sometimes but not so much that it would be a deal breaker on my next car if it didn't have them. If the CPO car I found had those things I would have paid the extra but it didn't and I haven't looked back. $30k is a bit much for this car though don't you think?
What fool actually walks in and pays MSRP? Many are buying Limited with performance pack for $25-27k without much haggling needed. Even at $30k, what other NEW cars can you buy today that are lightweight, RWD with a manual transmission? The Miata is the only other option and for those that don’t want a convertible or those that need a back seat or more than a few cubic feet of storage space... that rules out the Miata.
As far as the features of the Limited trim, the heated seats and fog lights were not the big selling points to me... it’s only cold enough to think about heated seats a few days a year where I live. The features that made it well worth any small price increase to me were the performance package, keyless entry/push button start, Alcantara seats and dual zone climate control.
NCtoBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NCtoBRZ For This Useful Post:
JesseG (09-06-2019), WolfpackS2k (09-09-2019)