View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 06:37 AM   #14
Howaitoguru

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impureclient View Post
Any businesses along the path this happened? Maybe they caught something with outside security cams. This whole situation makes me comforted in knowing I just bought a dash cam just last week.
Going forward, you know what your next purchase is now at least. The camera would have been all you needed to walk away clean from this.

If you think you can handle it yourself represent yourself. Don't walk into the courtroom without being fully ready. They give you an allotted time until court time and extra time if you ask/needed.

I have done so for a red light ticket and won. Not only didn't get the ticket but got them to actually change the timing in the lights because I contacted the DOT engineers who built the road and the yellow light timing
wasn't long enough for the grade of the road leading up to the light. In other words I didn't go in there not know what to expect. I caught them with their pants down, didn't get a ticket and made them all looks like idiots in the process.
I also did the same with my custody battle 20 years ago. My boy's Mom had a lawyer, I didn't, and I made everybody including and especially Mom look like an idiot in there because I came in prepared like I was going to war.

Lawyers get paid good to make stuff like this go away. If you don't have money maybe borrow some from a friend/relative if the cost to defend you properly is less than the cost if you're found guilty. That cost if guilty is the fine for the ticket and reckless driving and also the big one your insurance rates going up A LOT. If your unsure of being able to make that judge see how you aren't guilty, lawyer up.

Edit: Just realized you said the Charger took off as the cop came up. If that cop was running his dash camera properly and when those lights come on it should be, then he actually might have the footage you need to
show your side of the story to the judge. If you have a decent record and with that on film and your passenger backing your story, it already sounds not too bad.

And there’s no cameras on the highway unfortunately the only thing that’s going to show anything is when he was passing on the opposite side of the highway and when he did his u turn and pulled us over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Howaitoguru is offline   Reply With Quote