Old 08-15-2019, 05:26 PM   #20
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,805 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conman View Post
I really just wanted to know If this particular engine the IAG Stg2 with the lower 10.0:1 compression is a reliable option and worth spending the $9,000 it well take to have it installed. James my tuner says the lower ratio is not a good idea... The internet is filled with waaay to much misinformation and I seriously regret ever looking on it for any advice on this build... I guess I just drop the money on this and hope it runs. Shop says they cant tune useing EcuTek so i dunno what im going to tune it with. Sell my ecutek and buy a OFt i guess. Or hope that the same tune from HRi before will work on the new engine
I feel like Delicious or CSG can get you an etune you would be happy with until you do a dyno tune with a shop that uses ECUTEK.

Look at every manufacturer on the market who has a forced induction motor. They all run lower compression. 10:1 is still high by many standards. If a tuner is balking at such a notion then perhaps it is because they don’t have experience tuning lower compression on this platform. Can they actually provide a reason why lower compression isn’t necessary? 400whp is achievable, but you will be making less than 300whp on 91. Why not have more while your building the motor and not being reliant on E85. It seems easier to tune the car for 91 and E85 with lower compression than trying to program progressive boost or boost by gear or something anyways.
Bach415 (08-15-2019), NoHaveMSG (08-15-2019)