View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 04:11 PM   #10
Icecreamtruk

Drives: Track preped NA FRS
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggie View Post
The pedal was no softer/harder than usual. Just no bite. Also I did not observed any smearing but I'll take the pads off anyway to make sure they are ok (before the next trackday).

Worth noting: I painted the calipers using K2 spray paint and it was completely carbonized after just 2 sessions (front only, in the back the paint is intact).

The problem is that I'm using the car as a daily also, so dedicated track pads are not a (convenient) option for me. I'm only going at ~10 trackdays per year but I'm really pushing the limits (I had quite a few "grass encounters" )

So yellowstuff with their 950C temperature rating seemed like a good compromise

Slotted StopTech rotors are just a bit more expensive than Centric (like 50$ for all 4) but I still need to find pads that can be used on the road as well.

Hawk DTC60 I think are track only.
You can totally street on DTC-60 and any other race pad as well I bet. You get less life out of them of course, as you basically "unbed" them at the street since they dont get hot enough, but they brake just fine, dont believe magic voodo that race pads dont work when cold, if DTC-60s can brake at freezing temps in Canada, they can work anywhere.
Icecreamtruk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Icecreamtruk For This Useful Post:
timurrrr (08-05-2019), wparsons (08-02-2019)