StraightOuttaCanadaEh
Wes

Drives: Artisan Spirits '17 86
Thanked 1,678 Times in 997 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Frogs View Post
well, since it is adhesive, would applying a bit of heat from a hairdrier work as well?

not a heat gun; don't want to melt things

Also, how strong is the clear coat on the fuel filler door? if there is fear of pulling the clear coat off with the 'decal', what about just swapping out the door itself.

I saw the 'decal' on a WR Blue at my closest dealer and wondered why they would even do that since the blue was visible around the edge and then you saw the gap of the fuel door.

I can understand dealers trying to maximize profit by adding things/accessories to new cars (to entice sales), but why not offer them as a suggestion at time of purchase on something that is seen as a subjective "enhancement"?

to the OP; best of luck and getting it off without doing any damage.
heat works well. When I was pulling emblems off, I think the fact that the car was parked under a hot sun at the time did half the job, with Goo Gone doing the other half.

I would say there is zero risk of pulling the clear coat off, I don't think they bind that way, I've never heard of that before. Having said that, I'm thinking your biggest risk would be actually denting the fuel door considering how thin and flimsy it is. So patience would pay off. Heat/Goo Gone with plenty of time to soak