jflogerzi

Drives: 2013 Series 10 6MT FR-S
Thanked 2,027 Times in 1,465 Posts
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sroby View Post
According to Jon Bond Performance, the only difference in the so called new sprintex x or plus, is the rotors are coated from sprintex for better heat management. Which results in a tiny improvement of efficiency. Sprintex still hasn’t resolved the front seal issue in so much as the units use oil, fact. I had my rebuilt 2 times by Jon Bond performance. Second time was under his warranty. Also Bond offers this service of ceramic coating the rotor pac as well.
The money I had in this used unit I could have easily paid for an Elderbrock or an optioned out JDL turbo set up. I’d be curious to know how the Jeep folks are doing with the oil situation in the intake manifold.
Simply updating user manuals with check oil more frequently is sprintex,s form of customer service. I had to cut my losses. Back N/A on E85 delicious stage 2 tune set up and no more worrying. Even you guys with the new blower set up, for giggles and grins, pull your blower off for inspection, tell me the intake manifold is not coated in supercharger nose drive gear oil. Guarantee you it is. Do not **** around without checking your supercharger oil at minimum once a week. Just my personal PSA . Last conversation with Jon Bond, he was going to stop rebuilding these units. Verify with Jon, or better yet try and get replacement parts I. E. Seals and bearing kits from Sprintex. Good luck.
Well that sucks!! If jon bond decides to stop rebuilding them.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
2013 Series 10 FRS #553
RCE T2's, SPC LCAs -4/2.6 camber
JDL 4-2-1 EL, FP and OP, Tuned by Zach@CSG on e85
RR Wilwood Front/Rear Sport BBK, Motul 600 Fluid
ARC-8 17x9 SX2 GTs 245s/Koing 17x8 v730's 225's
jflogerzi is offline   Reply With Quote