View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 06:01 PM   #24
HKz
Reformed

Drives: '23 GRC, '11 Prius, '04 RAV4
Thanked 1,134 Times in 588 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
^ a bit unfair especially if you are a fan of the twins because in many ways the whole project and results are pretty comparable...I'm not a fan of the partnership either but chassis wise think we have to respect what they were able to bring to the market as it is Cayman sized (shortest wheelbase among current hardtop RWD coupes) while being the simpler FR config. And while I dislike it being AT only, I don't think the ZF8 will be an issue as this has been proven across multiple brands & models..it is a torque converter after all..

B58 is the only real concern here but we have to assume Toyota is totally aware their reliability image is always on the line for their products so you have to think it has been tested and checked. If you look up reliability stats and discussion on forums, so far it looks to be pretty decent.

..and "costs" way too much with a Toyota badge? Bruh, this is much cheaper than even the cheapest MSRP ever offered on a MKIV...and think there plenty of Sequoias, Tundras and Land Cruisers that have even higher prices..
HKz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HKz For This Useful Post:
why? (05-29-2019)