View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 11:40 AM   #27
Impureclient
Banned

Drives: 2015 FR-S
Thanked 2,903 Times in 1,282 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I'm not going to quote the two videos posted above about using WD40 again but I'm still trying to figure out why they were posted in the first place.
The first one directly from the company doesn't say anything about using it on paint and the second one, the guy says "I wouldn't recommend it for bugs".

The main objective is to keep some sacrificial layer between the bug and the paint so they come off easier.

As was mentioned already, they are very acidic and start attacking the paint as soon as they are squished in. If I was dealing with them like some
people who daily drive their cars do, I'd probably just use a spray wax and not wipe/buff it off for the week or so the love bugs mating ritual is in effect.
Which brings up how dumb they are to begin with..."I know, let's attach our genitalia and go get high from the fumes off of traffic".
I just wax with Collinite 845 and they come off pretty easy. I don't normally get piles of them on the car since I don't drive it much, so I usually
can just spray them with a little ONR spray and rub them off with my finger. When they do get heavy enough though and it is time to wash, the
electric pressure washer takes them off easy enough since the wax keeps them from sticking like unwaxed paint would allow.
Impureclient is offline   Reply With Quote