Dave-ROR
Site Moderator

Drives: Stuff
Thanked 5,965 Times in 2,689 Posts
Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
i don't believe the lemon law can apply in this particular situation, as they haven't actually repaired the vehicle once. the lemon law requires that the problem car be attempted to be repaired multiple times.
3 or more repairs.. OR 30 days out of service IIRC.

I suspect he'd have a good shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guybo View Post
Before my wife and I call a lawyer About the warranty issue we have with her 17 Camaro, I figured I'd ask here. Someone has to have had a similar issue.

Background- Superbowl Sunday, in the trunk of her 2017 Camaro RS, there was a small fire and a lot of smoke. In the trunk, under the fuse box there was standing water. Chevy admitted that a clip wasn't installed at the factory and that let water in the trunk. Factory defect on a vehicle covered by factory warranty. There is no disputing these facts, we, the dealership and GM agree. The entire wiring loom for the vehicle has to be replaced with a new part.

But the part is no longer made. It has to be a new part. Chevy has no date on availability. We have no possible date when we'll have the Camaro back. We've never been given a date. The dealership has nothing but excuses and points to Chevy corporate. Chevy won't discuss anything except us waiting on the part. That doesn't exist. That is no longer made. They refuse to do anything else and meanwhile we're in a Cruze loaner from the dealership. It's a shitbox.

So what kind of lawyer deals with this sort of thing? Does anyone have similar experience at all with this sort of thing? What are our options. The car was used, and we're beyond the lemon law time limit.

Ideally GM would buy it back. But if we had the car back fixed 100%, we'd just trade it in. So far we're just being given the mushroom treatment.
OP, what dealer in Tampa has it?
Tow: 2022 F-450
Toys: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Parts: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited, 2005 Acura TSX
Projects: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited track car build
FS: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 LT CCSB 8.1/Allison with 99k miles
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote