View Single Post
Old 04-23-2019, 11:15 PM   #223
Reamer

Drives: 2015 FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashikabi View Post
To run the automatic? K series or FRS? Either way the biggest hurdle is getting the computer to run the transmission. It can't be that hard because many fancier cars like the GTR don't even have a manual transmission option. The question is cost. If you want plug and play, you're screwed. If you can shell out for a transmission adapter and the tuning and probably a special wiring harness... Then yeah it's totally plausible. I'm sure if you were willing to front R&D monies, Pure would be happy to develop something for you. Everything comes down to money. Best option IMO is to just go manual.
The K series with the auto tranny from an FR-S is preferable, would be keeping it NA so the trans being able to hold the power wouldn't be a concern. I think for simplicity purposes my better option would be looking at bore/stroke the FA20, but if the situation presents itself for me to commit to the K swap, I'll look to Pure to work with in the R&D. A manual car isn't an option though, I would have chosen that from the get go for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashikabi View Post
Can't you buy all that stuff separately and just add it?
Yes, but this is a silly thing to have to do on a brand new car when the AT is already more expensive. The aftermarket price of those parts cost far more than getting them on the car stock, not including the labor to install everything.

Anyways, didn't mean to derail the thread. Hope to see more of these swaps completed in the near future.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Reamer For This Useful Post:
venturaII (04-24-2019)