Old 03-15-2019, 08:42 PM   #219
Tangizdope

Drives: 2016 FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2subaru View Post
Like I took a whole day to read the entire thread? More effort lol

I've read this over and over and over. The car is slow, can't keep up with traffic, has no torque and on top of that has a giant ass torque canyon!

Sometimes I wonder why anyone here has one

OP get get Miata
My main points for the OP was just taco is easier to keep up with traffic, taco has more torque, and taco has stronger torque in low to mid range.
It's a step down for daily driving if all you do is drive in traffic and straight lines. If your commute is curvy, then 86 is perfect. It has lots of room (in terms of my lifestyle), one of the best handlers I've ever driven, and it looks great.
The problem is that people would rather tell everyone to buy a twin, rather than seeing what they came from and telling them the downsides of the twins vs what they used to drive. Then that guy regrets buying one years later and say bad things about the twins.
Most of these people have never even driven a 2nd gen tacoma before yet tells the OP power is great. If OP is already complaining about power before even buying the car, how do you think he will feel in a few years. He comes from a meaty torque curve. You will definitely notice that dip all the time if you have been driving a 2nd gen taco daily.
Tangizdope is offline   Reply With Quote