Old 01-29-2019, 07:58 PM   #529
TylerLieberman

Drives: '24 GR86
Thanked 3,344 Times in 1,577 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
My first Japanese car that wasn't a rotted out 6+ year old beater (yes the 70s ones would rot through in under 5 years) in the late 70s was a 91 Talon TSi AWD. I was on a DSM fanboi on a forum before many here were born! It was copied more because you could get them dirt cheap for a while there.

@TylerLieberman any background on that one? I don't remember which.
Not sure exactly on what you're asking.

What I do know is that with the first F&F movie, the cars that were selected were sort of the "luck of the draw". There were better cars out there, but the producers of the movie merely chose from the vehicles that showed up to the casting call. No 240s really showed up, just like many other cool tuner cars, because nobody really cared. My dad's Supra was chosen simply because it left an impression on Rob after a ride along, so that's the only reason that specific Supra was chosen, and not something more extreme like one of the 800+hp Supras that were out there.

As far as the value goes, it's anybody's guess really. I believe F&F played a bit of a role in the market demand for them, but I'm sure they would've held good value regardless. With Paul's passing, the Supra, R34, and franchise gained even more attention, in my opinion. Because of Paul's death, I wouldn't be surprised if the original Hero Supra could fetch $1 million plus without much difficulty.

But who knows.
TylerLieberman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TylerLieberman For This Useful Post:
Irace86.2.0 (01-29-2019), Tcoat (01-29-2019)