View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 06:09 PM   #174
Adam_L

Drives: '16 FR-S RS2 MT, '06 xA Polar MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
And vice versa. I like MT because I like it end of story. It doesn't make people a better driver, everybody that drives AT is not a cheese burger chomping moron and MT drivers do all the same shit that AT ones do. They are simply two different ways to change gears and neither one makes the overall skill of driving better or worse.
True statement, however I'd still contend that if you're going to build a real deal sports car, at least make/ offer a manual tranny (even if it's a smaller % then auto tranny produced). On the new '20 Supra front, the one reason I can see them just offering a Auto is given it's a high output 6cyl turbo, they most likely didn't want any turbo lag....or certain quirks a turbo produces. I know it's more seemless with a auto tranny ( I've never owned a turbo car to know ), but I remember a couple of friends in the late 90's who preferred their auto turbo cars to manual. Also producing one transmission type for a vehicle has to have inherent cost savings benefit to the manufacturer in the long run.
humfrz (01-20-2019), Tcoat (01-20-2019)