View Single Post
Old 12-26-2018, 06:12 PM   #4
CounterSpace Garage

Drives: Subaru BRZ / Toyota 86 Experts
Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by leevanf View Post
Hi guys! Decided on getting platform-specific wheels from TWS and available here are 16 and 18 inchers.

my goal is less weight for better performance/functionality, while retaining stock diameter/height and suspension dynamics. A/T Car will be NA for life, stock suspension, maybe 4.56 FD later on. Hot tropical country. I need more grip but not racing levels, still want playfulness but better ride comfort.

16s seem to be vastly lighter, and cheaper. but tire choices are confusing. 205 vs 255. And more rubber seems to add more weight. Lastly, although ride comfort improves, i don’t want turns to be squishy and less responsive. Ive heard i should get a stiffer 225?

18s with this wheel seem so good just because they’re so light that more wheel beats more rubber for T66, also, 18s are more popular so easier to sell if needed down the road since they look so good. Aside from Potential to have a BBK (which i dont need), any other advantage an 18 has? Probably on 225/40/18. I know theres less tire, But since the overall weight is lighter, will the ride quality still be better than stock 17s?

End of the day, i just want better ride quality vs stock 17, without losing dynamics/feel if this is possible. I am not willing to give up any nimbleness/steering/planted feel in exchange for comfort.
Depends on your exact goals of application and road conditions. You'll find more comfort utilizing a suspension setup that has actual road test refinement built into the valving, which usually comes at a premium. The TWS Forged 18" wheels are much lighter than advertised and we have noted a significant difference in feel and acceleration compared to other lightweight wheels.
CounterSpace Garage is offline   Reply With Quote