Old 11-04-2018, 09:00 PM   #19967
wulfstan

Drives: 2014 Whiteout Monogram 6MT FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELLSSUU View Post
What size tires do you run on yours? My plan is to change his 215's over as I just put new Michelins on his car. Wondering if in the future we should go to 235's?

Thanks, yes did them myself. I wanted to go Piano Black but son preferred Matte Gun Metal. I did take a few pics during the process but don't have them handy.

The lips on 2 were slightly curbed and the clearcoat was peeling in a few spots on all. I scuffed, sanded, filled in a few small scrapes, sanded again, sprayed with a self-etching primer, scuffed, sprayed 3 coats of color, and then clear coated. The lip behind the spoke was tricky and one of the wheels got a run so it was sanded down and redone. Barrels were also painted but I didn't bother clearcoating them. The recessed TRD logo on the caps were done with a very fine tip artist paint brush. I basically loaded it with paint and let that paint float into the recesses. I did have to clean up my un-steady hand with a soft touch of a razor blade and then I cleared them.
My buddy was planning on goin 235/45 R 17. I was just going to run stock or was thinking 225/40 R 17... I'll have to do more research as I'm sure somewhere on the forums is a post. These TRD wheels are 7.5" wide, so I'm pretty sure will support up to 235 without too much of a problem.

Hope that helps... Your comments has definitely helped me in deciding what to do with my wheels. Thanks.

wulfstan
wulfstan is offline   Reply With Quote