Old 09-13-2018, 07:04 PM   #41
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,979 Times in 16,481 Posts
Mentioned: 709 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Horsepower View Post
Yeah, I'm really confused by your comments on this. Keeping it in normal auto mode all the time is a little boring. With a car like this, why not have a little fun, even outside the racetrack?

Well you don't need to know what gear it's in when in M either, do you? But I like to know, and I would like to know in D. Sometimes when in D I switch it to M and back just to see what gear it's in.

Yeah, I actually use the stick more often, it's just much easier to say or google "paddles" than "the stick for manual shift mode on an AT." I never try using the paddles when turning.

I don't think he said that. He said "Ignore any 'driver involvement' remarks," which I interpreted as "The extra driver involvement on a manual is overrated."

Maybe this changes with experience, but for a beginner, a MT is way the hell harder to shift than just flicking a stick or paddle.

Yeah, like the Back to the Future DeLorean. Not sure if we actually see Marty shift or it's just implied, but we definitely see the clutch pedal at one point, yet the Doc drives it via remote control. I think the FR-S semi-automatic transmission is about as close as we're going to get to that for a while.
YIKES, Johnny Horsepower, we have posted several pages addressing your questions about how to shift a car with an automatic transmission and you still appear to be confused.

I suggest you just put that sucker in "D" and enjoy the handling of the car.

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
FRSBRZGT86FAN (09-13-2018), NWFRS (09-13-2018), Yoshoobaroo (09-13-2018)