Old 09-08-2018, 07:06 PM   #2
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raz.sofer View Post
Hi guys! Last week I bought a used 2015 BRZ Manual and I have noticed some things.
1. The shifter rattles above 4k rpms. I think it's worth mentioning that they have replaced the clutch at the dealership about 7000 kilometers ago.
2. (This started today after pushing the car a bit) When I turn the AC on, I get a weird whistle inside the cabin, and it stops after putting the AC on full blast, and then turning it down, but if I restart the car, it happens again.
3. The car feels bumpy at 75-120kph cruise, every 3-5-7 seconds I get a very small single bump feeling, this happens on all roads so it's (probably, or the roads here are just so bad). There are no weird noises, just this small bump, like going on a road reflector, but a very very small one.
4. I searched a bit and understood that the weird "chirping cricket like" noise in idle is fine, is it really ok or should I get it the the dealer to fix it?
Other than that the car is just awesome. I enjoy it much more than my previous VW cars (more like a bunch of shitboxes and not cars)
Thank you very much!

1. Go back to the dealer and have them fix it or try this fix:
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=99
2. I'd check the cabin air filter check for partial blockage and then also check if one of the blend doors is getting jammed or something making a whistle. Or it could be the blower itself maybe a bearing within it is going bad.

3. That's a very specific odd issue, maybe a drivetrain vibration or wheel balancing issue?

4. Doesn't effect anything, you don't trust your own research?
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FRSBRZGT86FAN For This Useful Post:
humfrz (09-08-2018), raz.sofer (09-20-2018)