View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 10:19 AM   #35
14stu

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
We had a great 86 turnout at last Saturday's SCCA Time Trials on the 1.3 at MSR Cresson with 7 out of 36 cars in the timed sessions being twins!

All 5 of the Street Touring 1 competitors were in twins and with only a 4s gap from first to fifth the competition was pretty tight, especially if you take out my 2s lead on the class to bring the remaining 4 competitors down to a 2s delta.

Everyone seems to be getting faster and it won't be long until my temporary cushion is yanked away.

I managed a 1:09.0 is the first session and couldn't beat it, when I made my videos though I found out that when I set the start/finish in line with the SCCA trailer (where I thought the timing loop was) my lap times dropped a quarter second which nearly matches my personal best on the 1.3.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0EqekP3A38&t=399s[/ame]

Sneegle managed 2nd, but I'm sure he'll pick up time since this was his first trip to the 1.3 (he was pretty damn fast for a first attempt). I made the strategic mistake of giving both David and Taylor rides to help show them the lines, but Taylor had my back by driving off course and ending the last timed session early to keep David from getting any closer to me (there ended up being only about a half a second between David and Taylor, but David managed to take the win despite Taylor's best efforts).

You can watch David and I chase Terry Fair in his FRS with 315's! Without David in the car I was consistently a full second faster than Terry, but with the extra ballast we were a little slower.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gog0Sze5sKQ[/ame]

All in all it was another fantastic event,If you haven't been out to an SCCA Time Trial, you are missing out.
14stu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 14stu For This Useful Post:
Shneegle (09-01-2018)