View Single Post
Old 08-26-2018, 09:50 AM   #65
Braces

Drives: 17 Alfa Romeo 4C
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitopo View Post
The 4C is not that light as some might think. Manufacturer specs were given many times using a dry car. Ordinary vehicle curb weight is about 2,465 lb (1,118 kg) which is not remarkable at all given the size of the car and all the cost a carbon chassis can have on a collision situation. In many cases you will have to throw away the car since it'll not be reparable. I would say it is basically an engineering example of how to throw your money in the trash. If you guys really want a lightweight car with same dimensions, then I believe the best buy for money is currently the revised MX-5.

Reference: https://www.alfaromeousa.com/content...CSpider_SP.PDF

Ouch. Everyone will have different opinions which is fine. There are definitely better cars out there, but if you want a baby Ferrari Scuderia .... this is the closest you will get. Most modern sportcars are trying to be everything to everyone. The 4C is a driver's car period. It will not coddle you with niceties seen with most cars today.

I live in North Scottsdale. Home to many exotic and super cars. After 10 months of ownership .... I've only seen ONE other 4C. Very exclusive. Low volume production and most likely .... people do not want to buy a single minded single purpose sportscar.

As for reliability ..... go hang out on the 4C-Forums. I'm @Braces over there too. Since the car's inception .... there's only been a couple of cars experiencing some engine issues and warranty is covering them. Many members have tracked and modified their cars with no issues whatsoever. Check out @callMeAl posts.

Trust me. After a test drive .... you'll realize how raw and insane this car is. Make sure you're in dynamic or race mode and have the tranny in manual paddle mode.
new2subaru (08-26-2018), Tristor (08-26-2018), Vic4uf (08-26-2018)