Old 08-25-2018, 12:02 PM   #61
SuperTom

Drives: C5 Corvette, '17 Toyota 86, Jeep XJ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braces View Post
Yep ... I still have the 4C.
It's just very unique. From the moment you turn the car on .... the car is always screaming at you. The sound that comes from this 21 lb boosted little 4 pot is amazing. I have the Akrapovic exhaust on mine which is just amazing.

As for driving .... I kind of miss my 13 FR-S. That car was so tossible in the corners. Oversteered perfectly. Amazing how well the FR-S/BRZ/GT86 plants itself in the corners. The 4C is a little more touchy. More understeer. I get the sense that oversteer in the FR-S is progressive, but if I explore the outer limits of grip in the 4C ... I'm afraid I might end up in a ditch. The FR-S is so much easier to drive. The 4C demands that you know what you are doing.

Now is the time if you are going to consider a 4C. As everyone knows .... the 4C has been discontinued. The discounts on new 4Cs still on the lots are around $15,000 off MSRP. A year ago I bought a fully specced brandnew 4C with a MSRP of $81,500 for $66,700. The discounts have been the same this year.

As for reliability ... mine has been rock solid after 2800 miles. Yes ... I don't DD the car. I don't want to be punished lol. It's a weekender for fun.

I'm a manual guy, but this DCT is perfect. This is not a smooth DCT with no feel. It is rough .... just the way I like it.

Manual steering is a non issue. I'm 6 feet and I have no problems getting into and out of the car.

Those are basically the reviews I have read on the 4C. My current dream car

Im trying to spec my 86 to match the 4C. Im at 2475lbs and ~235 crank hp. The only thing I wont be able to match is the torque with the turbo on the 4C unless I got FI myself. I still have room to go a little lighter but not much more.