View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 12:41 PM   #2867
TorontoNat

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Asphalt [Gray]
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
True that numbers only go so far, but all he was doing was comparing those numbers, not trying to say the cars are comparable by any other means. He even called out that the handling and interior would be better, which it can't help but be considering the youngest 4th gen Camaro out there is pushing 16 years old at this point. Every aspect of technology involved in cars has come a long way since then, but 350hp and 3500 lbs was nothing to turn your nose up at back then, still isn't really, and the Camaro was far less of a boat than it has turned into after returning from its "hiatus". But I don't think he was trying to say they're comparable beyond having similar power to weight.
Right, and I am saying that even those "numbers" are incomparable. first of all 350hp@3500lbs. is probably wrong (For the 4cyl) but we obviously won't know until it comes out.
Also, Absolutely 350hp@3500lbs. is nothing to write home about when talking about an old american muscle car. However, imagine the same powere/weight ratio as a camaro delivered in as tight of a package as the FRS.. that to me, is something to write home about (Or "will be" I should say)