Old 07-04-2018, 06:37 PM   #16939
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,481 Times in 3,211 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvoll View Post
I know exactly what you mean by "the spirit of the car". A lot of what people are willing to accept is psychological. If the car is slammed (lowered) and big wheels/tires are put on, they tell themselves they are really riding in a supercar. In reality, driving the car is far less "fun" and certainly less balanced. By the way, I've also tracked cars and there you are looking for the best lap times and not a "balanced" fun drive. Taking a properly setup track car on the streets is also a disaster if you really enjoy driving. I guess after so many years, I just don't think you can really have both. Even the "supercars" I've owned in the past were balanced for the streets.
Sorry you feel that way but I don’t think it’s right for you to speak for others in the same or similar position (RCE Yellows on a PP setup). I know myself, and probably plenty of others, are having a great, fun time driving these on twisty roads and adding springs like the Yellows increase the feeling even more. The car still feels plenty balanced.

Most likely you just feel a certain way about driving and that’s fine but it’s probably wrong to start generalizing as you are like it’s ruining the fun for everybody.

At least that’s what I got out of your last couple of posts.
It sounds to me like the delicate, metallic sounds of piston skirts slapping against the cylinder walls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Now, if it was three feet long and you were using all that leverage
spike021 is offline   Reply With Quote