View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 06:11 PM   #778
neutron256

Drives: '13 GBS Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by al3k View Post
Yeh I might have been alittle bit too amped about this, if there only was descent comericial ESC (Compressor/motor combo) availible to buy it would speed up the process a hell of a lot.
The compressed air system doesnt sound too bad actually, probably the way to go. BUT there is something about turboes that just looks and sounds soo much better. And since I have a top mounted turbo allready imagine poping the hood and see TWO top mount turboes, one on each side of the block even tho its a inline 4, you would normally only see something like this on a V-engine it would be very interesting if it works good as planned.

But I will digg around some more and see how to approch this, sooner or later there will probably be aftermarket options availbile, and the cost will probably not be very attractive for what you get.
I do wonder if this Audi SQ7 is released if its possible to go to a audi dealer to order a replacement part of this unit and experiment with it, but I kind of doubt thats the case if you dont have the car on such a special component.
I don稚 blame you the ESC is a very cool concept, and I知 sure it could be made to work the way you want but I知 not sure how much time/money/expertise it would take to get there. I知 pretty good with that kind of stuff but I was still consulting with various experts I know and getting input from people here and other places. Even with that I had a ways to go before I would have had a truely viable system. The protype comprrssors I built worked and I had the start of a control system when life just got too busy.

Usually car companies are pretty restrictive about speciality hardware like that so I doubt you壇 be able to get one anytime soon unless you actually owned and SQ7. Maybe someday, and as more and more manufactures turn to solutions like this I bet they will be easier for the aftermarket to get.

Even though I知 not currently working on building one myself I知 still happy to give advice to those adeveterous enough to try.