Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrane View Post
Car: 2013 Scion FR-S

Mods:

K&N High Flow Filter

Custom Intercooler Piping

Water/Air Intercooler with Bosch Water Pump

Garrett GT28 Turbo (Internally Wastegated)

Turbosmart BOV

GFB Manual Boost Controller

Mishimoto Oil Catch Can

OMNI Power 3 Bar MAP Sensor

Bosch 550CC Injectors

NGK Iridium Sprk Plugs (.28 gap)

CP Pistons (Stock Compression)

BC IBeam Rods

King Bearings

AEM High Pressure Fuel Pump

ACT Stage 4 Clutch

ACT Lightweight Flywheel

TRD Catback Exhaust

Custom Up pipe and Downpipe

Glowshift Boost Gauge

Issue:

Vehicle was dyno tuned with DW 700CC Injectors. Tuner had a difficult time getting the car to idle. After 6 hours, he was able to get it to idle. A couple hours later the vehicle was making power. Tuned to 250hp. After leaving the tuner, a noticble hesitation and stumble occurred at 4000 rpm consistently. The vehicle would misfire and shake and die when stopping. This only seemed to occur under boost at 4000 rpm. Sometime the vehicle would pull clean, but generally it would hesitate each time. At high speeds (highway) the vehicle seems to be fine. The vehicle does not do this with the Stock Injectors and MAP Sensor. Also, the car does eventually build full boost once it moves past the stutter.

Replaced:

Coil Packs

Spark Plugs

MAP Sensor

Cleaned the MAF

Swapped to 550cc injectors

Vehicle was brought back to tuner with 550CC injectors. Once on the dyno, the tuner noted the hesitation. He noticed that the when putting he AFR sniffer in the drivers side tailpipe, the AFR was rich. But in the Passenger Side Tailpipe, the AFR was Lean. He eventually got a good read and tuned the vehicle to 270hp before it started having symptoms of a slipping Clutch. Once on the street, there was no hesitation and no clutch slip whatsoever. The vehicle did however pull timing on the street. He added 10% fuel to beef it up and remove knock. The car pulled clean all the way home (100 mile drive). Towards the end of the drive, the car developed the hesitation once again. This time between 4,000 and 5,000 RPM

At this point, the MAP Sensor, Coil Packs, Spark Plugs, and injectors have been changed out. The original 700CC injectors were tested and returned from DW with a clean bill of health. So it isn't the injectors.

CODES encountered throughout the process:

Random Misfire detected

U0155 - Instrument Cluster Communication

Idle Air Control High Output

This is driving me crazy. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this? Thanks.

Running rich I think. Got the same thing when I ran my blower tune on NA lol, felt like clutch slippage. Car would die randomly

________

~refer to username~
idkwhatimdoing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to idkwhatimdoing For This Useful Post:
mcrane (05-10-2018)