Old 05-06-2018, 02:16 AM   #2793
djenousis

Drives: 2015
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86fun View Post
The last few times I drove and got on the throttle when the car wasn't quite warmed up it flashed a CEL and went away. Then the other day it just stayed on. I didn't notice a lot of difference driving and waited to get home to check it. DTC was Cylinder #2 Misfire. Got me wondering if I got one of the engines that had a poorly gapped cam angle sensor... but my VIN is way past the highest in the identified range, yet I still have a 2013 FRS. Anyway, I have one of those OBDLink Blutooth readers and reset the code. After doing this the engine was running like absolute crap, bogging, missing, very low power, even a small backfire, and the exhaust note was really loud. At first I thought my Edelbrock lost it's belt!.. but I could still hear it whining. I was stuck driving around town for a few hours with it like this. Near the end of my errands, having stared and stopped the car several times, the car started working perfectly again. That's when it dawned on me, the code reset I did with the OBDLink must have reset the ECU completely and it needed to relearn the throttle/cam timing again... oops! Just wanted to tell my story and share that if your car runs like crap after an ECU reset... even just resetting the DTC's, it's going to drive terrible for quite a while as the engine relearns some things.

Any ideas on the #2 Cylinder misfire?
I had a similar issue, can't remember all the details as it's been many months but my problem was an o2 sensor/aftermarket header issue.