Old 04-15-2018, 03:40 AM   #42614
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,983 Times in 16,484 Posts
Mentioned: 709 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
I think she's more interested in having the car in working order but not paying a ton of money (120k mile service time $$$), than cars as a hobby. For now at least lol. One can hope.

Is what a millennial thing? Women liking cars? Maybe more so than prior generations because there's less social pressure that discourages it? . My specialties are logic and reason, and mass human behavior defies both of those.
Yes, women liking cars.....

Of my wives, girlfriends, lovers, mistresses and female friends, I never knew one that was interested in cars (other than riding in them) ......

No, I take that back, there was one. She was a lady friend that lived a few houses down the street when I lived in San Jose.

One hot day, I was walking down our street, when I glanced into her garage and she was ducking in front of her car, which had the hood up. I thought she was having car trouble so I walked into her garage. She was "dressed" only a nightgown that had oil all over it. I said, Liz, are you OK..??

She said that her husband was out of town and she was changing the oil and filter on her car. She went on to explain that she was doing it when he was out of town because he didn't approve of her working on cars.

She went on to explain that she was wearing the nightgown because she could roll it up and stash it in the garage so her husband wouldn't see the oil all over it. I then ask her if she needed help, she said no, that her father had a automotive shop back where she was born and raised, and she learned automotive mechanics from him and that she just enjoyed it.

THE END

humfrz
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
Boomerang (04-15-2018), JD001 (04-15-2018)