View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 03:06 PM   #223
SLVRSRFR

Drives: 2013 BRZ 6MT, 2007 WRX Wagon 5MT
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Follow up to my previous post; I drove the car to my family gathering yesterday, as the weather was nice. About an hour and a half each way.

Check engine light has been on for 2 days now without disappearing, which is the longest it has stayed on continuously thus far since the P0018 repair was performed.

On the way back last night, the TCS "slip" light would randomly flash here and there, but it also started coming on and staying on for a few seconds at a time, which it hasn't done before. It was only doing this while driving at highway speeds; on regular roads, the slip light would not flash at all.

It was dark, so I would notice it when it illuminated. If I stepped into the throttle a bit, it would then turn off. Before, the slip light would only flash momentarily and then would turn off, but there were 6 or 7 times on this drive last night where it came on and stayed illuminated for a few seconds at a time before turning off again.

I drove the car to work today SPECIFICALLY to try to get the code scanned, as the light didn't seem like it was going to turn off on it's own this time. I made one stop on the way to work to get gas, and imagine my bafflement and frustration upon starting my car again only to find out that the DAMN light (CEL) has turned itself off again.

I'm starting to think my car is playing tricks on me.

I imagine the light will probably come on again on the way home tonight, but time will tell. She's going back in the garage again tonight as there's some light flurries in the forecast for the next few days.

Argh.

Last edited by SLVRSRFR; 04-02-2018 at 03:44 PM.
SLVRSRFR is offline   Reply With Quote