View Single Post
Old 03-24-2018, 02:27 PM   #17
RToyo86

Drives: 17 Asphalt 86
Thanked 2,242 Times in 1,143 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thank you everybody for the responses!
Now that I have driven the car a little more I notice it bounces around on bumps which causes the lights to flick up and down. Coming up hills somebody gets a face bull of headlights. When I am in trafficthey seem to be at a reasonable level. Everybody who has ridden in the car has been blown away by how effective these new LED headlights are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipdat View Post
Are your brights/high beams on?
No, they are not. The foglights only come on with the low beams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon7777 View Post
You should only run fog lights when there's fog. Maybe your headlights are out of adjustment.
Logically that makes sense, I am used to my previous car with halogen projector headlights and fog lights which were extremely dim in comparison. I ran the fog lights in that car to offset the dim halogens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slydog View Post
I've had this issue with my 17 in the past 10 months of ownership as well, and decided I've had enough of the high beam flashes after dark.

To adjust the 17's headlight beam level you're going to need a 5/16 hex socket and a very small driver (I just put on some rubber gloves and twisted by hand). Pop open your hood and take a look at the back of the headlights for a cream/white hex bolt. Attach the hex bit and turn it CLOCKWISE to lower and COUNTER-CLOCKWISE to increase the beam height. Getting the right adjustment may take a few tries, or you could check a youtube video for a proper alignment method.

Enjoy the new peace of mind knowing you aren't melting other driver's retinas!
Awesome thank you for the tips, I've used the garage door method before to help line them up.
I have appointment with the dealer to fix minor dents in the body from sitting on the dealer lot. I will be asking them about the adjustment out of curiosity.
RToyo86 is offline   Reply With Quote