View Single Post
Old 02-28-2018, 11:40 PM   #14
Butterballz

Drives: Black FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelhaus View Post
I had the Raceseng plates with RCE yellows on OEM shocks and everything fit perfectly. The B6's appear to need a longer spring to apply preload to the spring perch?

FYI if they haven't changed the design in recent years, the spring perches may bind against the bottom of the camber plate or the protruding screw shanks near full lock if you're dialed back for additional caster.
Were you using the Raceseng spring perch or the OEM. Also, did yours have the longer bolts like in the thread below? Mine are shorter so I hope I don't run into any issues.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2392139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qadthane View Post
I'll put this info here in case it pops in someones search later and can be helpful. The decreased stack height of Raceseng cascam plates when combined with stock dampers leaves more space than RCE Yellows fill when the dampers are uncompressed. There is roughly 1/8 of an inch of play when the suspension is unloaded; enough that the spring can easily be rotated all the way around leaving it in an incorrect position on the lower spring perch when the car is lowered off the jack. I went over everything again last night to make sure there were no issues with my installation causing this. Everything was correct.

tl;dr Raceseng cascam plates on stock dampers with RCE yellows leaves slop in the spring when the suspension is hanging.
Also saw this post in another thread. Seems like he had issues with spring on staying captive with the same setup as you had.
Butterballz is offline   Reply With Quote