View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 01:50 PM   #18
Hades

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xxyion View Post
Not sure why noone has mentioned this. But your OFT should come with an E85 Stage 2 tune. Stage 2 generally means headers. This will allow you to run E85 WITH headers and is tuned for it. Later on down the line you can upgrade to a flexfuel kit and either get a custom tune through Shiv or you can run ECUtek and get a custom tune from whoever you decide to go with.

Also you wont have to pay for two tunes with the OFT. Assuming you've looked through the OFT at all, you should have seen that it came with multiple OTS tunes. All of the OFT tunes are free. You can download them off the website.
Yes, i understand that (which you should know since I've mentioned I'm running the e85 OTS map now). The main concern is a rational one, since of course Shiv will focus more effort on the UEL map (due to selling an UEL header) than the EL map (which is the header I'm more interested in). This is backed up by multiple claims by him that the UEL map gives more power than the EL one, especially since multiple other vendors dyno graphs show the opposite evidence.

Therefore, I'm more interested in another vendor for tuning who has more experience tuning the EL headers I'm interested in.
Hades is offline   Reply With Quote