Old 11-02-2017, 03:43 PM   #92
JazzleSAURUS

Drives: 15 BRZ LTD, 05 FXT
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koa View Post
Hey BRZRN my broh,

I took a bit of a hiatus from FT86! My girl is running like I want her and just haven't been active.

I tried to find my photos but they aren't in any of my externals, none of my rigs, and photobucket apparently deleted my account when they made the switch to SaaS. I shoulda listened to their emails going on for months saying they would,

Anyway, Here's the only pic I could find. Shame. I'm a python-crazy data architect and can't find some old pics.. musta.. burned 'em.

ha ha. get it. perrin motor mounts melti- what?!

The general approach in the DIY is the same, though. In a nutshell, cut those inferno guards into a shape that you can wrap around & fasten to the perrin motor mount, underneath the flange. I personally used metal zipties - muffler zips. I looked under momo the other month when I was changing her tranny fluid and them mounts look brand new.

I love perrin's stuff. Chris is a good guy. Haven't steered me wrong in any of my subi builds

Enjoy, have fun, good luck!
I did STi motor mounts for a local and he actually saw this thread. I made some small plates that sandwich between the motor mount and the subframe with a tab. The sheild folds around the mount on the header side, two pop rivets per side, line with DEI reflect a gold.

Took about a half hour with some spare sheet metal, tin snips, and HF rivet gun.

Iirc he had a SBD kit and the header was not super close to the motor mount, but anything you can do to reflect heat away from rubber/poly mounts, oil, gas, and intake charges is a good idea.
SOLD: 2015 WRB BRZ Limited ('02 WRX BBS, S-04's, Stoptech Sport pads, MXP SP, AVO drop in filter, Mishimoto Intake tube, decatted header, OFT 93 Stage 2 EL Tune, Kartboy rear shifter bushing, Whiteline transmission and subframe lockout bushings, ST Coilovers, SPC Camber bolts w/smaller crash bolt, SPC LCA's & SPC Toe Arm bushings, Red TOMs, TRD Wing.)
JazzleSAURUS is offline   Reply With Quote