View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 10:18 AM   #1
Kayysonie
Badass Member

Drives: 2014 SWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Oil Temp Monitor Set Up (Stacking Sandwich Plates)

EDIT:

I think I found the solution from another thread.
I could just change the Perrin Sandwich plate with the TRD plate as someone suggested in other thread. But for $150 its a steep price.
I will think about the set up and see if I wanna go that way.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...99&postcount=4

Also, does anyone know where to put the sensor? Before Oil goes to the cooler, or after it goes to the cooler?
I would say after just so I know how cool the oil goes to the engine, but before tells me when I should be backing off that my oil cooler is not cooling faster than I heat up the oil.

Get it?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before you close the window, this is not about where I should put my sensor.

So currently I am using the OFT as to monitor my temperature at the track. However, I am using one of those amazon switch OBD2 so I can turn off the OFT. Well when I have ride along in track days, my passenger tends to hit the switch and turns off the OFT.

My plan is to add a Perrin temp gauge and sensor separately just to read temp. I can daisy chain it to my Perrin Oil Pressure and Im glad Perrin made it possible with just one wire. but I still have to route the temp sensor.
However, my current set up, I am limited to where to put the temp sensor.

I have the following:

1. Perrin Oil Cooler with the thermostatic plate and sandwich plate
2. Perrin Oil Pressure Sensor/Gauge installed in the Oil Galley Plug near the AC condenser.

My idea is to get another perrin sandwich plate that have bungs to put a sensor for pressure and temp. I am satisfied where my oil pressure is located so this would only be for temp.

Here is a picture of the set up I am looking into. Adding a second sandwich plate between the oil filter and thermostatic plate seems an okay idea but there is more added risk of where for the oil to leak.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by Kayysonie; 08-01-2017 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Found the Answer
Kayysonie is offline   Reply With Quote