View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 10:11 PM   #1
perryair
junior mafia

Drives: ‘20 sti limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
tail of the dragon: worth it?

im trying to plan a little driving roadtrip for myself - i live in middle TN so the tail of the dragon is about a 3 hour drive or so away. i've always been curious to see it but a few things make me hesitant. if you've made the drive before, id love some input.

1: cops. i read that the speed limit is 30. is it the kind of road thats enjoyable by a slightly modded twin at 30-40 or is it basically that fun speeds = watch your back for tickets the whole drive?

2: crowds: nothing is greater than being on a great driver's road. nothing is worse than being stuck behind a slow car on a great driver's road. every trip that i've made to blue ridge parkway, for example - i find myself stuck following someone for a large portion of the drive. would i be better off finding some random empty country road around that way that has fewer twisties but also less people around?

3: idiots: a short second behind being stuck behind a slowpoke is being stuck in and around a bunch of brain deprived asshat drivers. is this a thing there?

thanks.
pfaffendorn (06-17-2017)