View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017, 05:20 PM   #152
lutfy

Drives: 2022 LR Defender, 2015 FRS_ST5/TT5
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Got back from Summit Point MA event this weekend. Was not able to TT as planned (instructor duty and couldnt get the check ride in time).... There was a very small group in TT and everyone bunched up to TTC.

Anyways, to say these cars our NOT competitive in TTE is well not true. Consistent 1:30s with a best of 1:30.2 in 90+ degrees. The Miata's which were not TTing this weekend were running 1:30s as well.

Observations: -2.5 camber is better than -1.5 I had at Watkins but could use a touch more. I'd like to aim for -3 when I upgrade the OEM suspension.

OEM shocks while OK on the street are NOT up to duty on track especially with TRD springs. This was a weak link as I would consistently hit the bump stops and you can feel the steering numbing down instantaneously.

I dynoed the car with "Dyno On The Go" this is the offical on site dyno which NASA MA uses (DynoJet) and its my understanding that our cars makes less on this dyno (good for us) and the Hondas (S2K) some how makes more. Regardless with an OFT tune it only did 164 to the wheels. To compete in TTD against E36s, its no wonder we are NOT competitive.

Edgar (won TTC in a BRZ on Sun) lent me his older Maxis. Car was 2.5 seconds faster right off the bat (235 tires vs 215 Azenis+ I was running). Since this was in the instructor HP4 session and not timed, I wanted to see the potential. Running on bumpstops got WORSE.

Next, getting a roll bar, seats and harnesses for this car along with battery relo at the back to shuffle weight for proper balance.

Brakes held up very well in this heat. No issues with OEM sysem.

Lutfy

Last edited by lutfy; 06-12-2017 at 03:42 PM.
lutfy is offline   Reply With Quote