View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017, 06:03 AM   #3158
DeaconRoc

Drives: GT86
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetyrant View Post
No I think its a damper valving/quality issue I have really, the EDFC allows you to fine tune and adjust on the fly etc to trick it into doing fancy things, but it cant cure the base damping setup, don't get me worng the Streetflex for what it costs is pretty reasonable and on better roads and track its not an issue, start to throw in some bumps and poor surface though and I find it just doesn't feel very happy about it!

I did try dropping front spring rate to 5kg to see if that would improve things which it does to a degree, but the reduction in damper free travel you get as a result means your down to 15mm of bumptravel which is no good around here!.

Im going to speak to my contact at Ohlins about the spring rate situation with those, approx. 4kg front and 3kg rear now seems very soft and I imagine travel is an issue on that. Monosports ive been told are very good damper and a slight reduction in spring rate improved road manners a lot but be good to get more feedback on that.

Ive also been looking at the RSR Sport-I kits but importing isn't going to be cheap and im wary of having no UK backup should there be an issue, any longterm users of the RSR kits feel free to chip in on that.

Ian
Whereabouts in the UK are you based? I'm UK based too and arrange Midlands meets - a recent one was specifically for people to try different suspension set ups.

I fear you'll never get the 86 suspension just as you want though. For bumpy UK roads I'm not convinced there is a perfect set up. I'm basing this on having gone through 6 suspension set ups on my 86 so far!
DeaconRoc is offline   Reply With Quote