View Single Post
Old 06-01-2017, 03:19 PM   #23
Ron B Avery

Drives: 2017 86 Coupe
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HachiRokuX View Post
Thanks, guys! I had a feeling that the TRD parts were essentially a rip off/waste of time. The main reason I wanted to lower the car was to get rid of that wheel gap a little bit, if I'm being honest. I think I'll just add a spoiler and the factory arm rest for now, I can tell it's gonna be a while before I finally settle on an exhaust or wheels. All of the tips mentioned were really helpful though.

Lol at that pic, Shinigami. I think the front end looks okay in the right light, but sometimes it looks pretty bad.. I know why I get lots of laughs in passing. Still an amazing car to drive!

I only have one more question for now.

6. How much will the reliability take a hit if I add a supercharger and surely you would have to upgrade the cooling etc too? Seems like it would be super expensive..I already paid $25K so another $5-6K would put it in another tier of pricing..
You and I have the same questions, and the Same color 86.
I had the TRD springs installed. The cars ride quality does not suffer at all. It just feels more tied down, and it looks better.
I was thinking of the TRD exhaust as well. But the price was way to much.
I had a Magnaflow cat back exhaust system installed. It was around $750 installed, and is the same construction as the TRD, only the tips are different.
The head unit I had replaced with a Pioner that has Apple car play. I had to get the correct wiring harness adapter to work with the car. Also some little side trim to fill the gap on the sides of the head unit ( it is about 1/8" smaller on each side). You will also need a new mic for the blue tooth phone.
The sound quality and functionality are much better thank the stock system.
I did consider the Toyota Nav unite, but at a price of $1000 installed and the fact that it was back ordered indefinitely help make my decision.
I am also looking into the Jackson racing Supercharger kit. Not only is it a well-developed kit but it is also carb approved which means it'll pass smog in my state. It also produces a realistic improvement in torque and horsepower without overstressing the other components in the car.
I hope all of this helps. There are photos of my car in another section on this site.
Ron
The Following User Says Thank You to Ron B Avery For This Useful Post:
HachiRokuX (06-05-2017)