Thread: Price of Boost
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 02:14 PM   #14
mastertech86

Drives: 2009 scion tc turbo
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
i can definitely say from experience you get what you pay for. if you want a quality build that will last years without problems and as a bonus impress other ppl expect to pay. my tC build (in my profile) total costs before built motor (cause i wanted more power) was right around 6K. i have a friend with a tC as well who wanted to go cheaper and payed around 2500-3K and i daily drive my tC spirited an hour each way for a year on stock motor problem free. him, well he is on his 3rd turbo, intercooler piping has been replaced due to poor fitment and hitting the road on dips, piggyback management been replaced twice due to software failures...the list goes on. yea there are ppl who go the cheaper route and do perfectly fine but it comes down to this when you do that..... are you feeling lucky??

end result? im gonna be buying the FRS and selling him my turbo build for his tC...in the long run, although it was cheaper at first, he paid just about the same as i did except i didnt go through the headaches and down time he did
mastertech86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mastertech86 For This Useful Post:
dabocx (07-02-2012), TPO (07-02-2012)