View Single Post
Old 05-23-2017, 01:00 PM   #10
cawith

Drives: Toyota GT86 6M/T
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
does not look like they would touch DI computer in your install. Its the black/silver box bolted to left side of engine in front of battery in your photo.

Hoses are shown here
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109444

easy way to get at them
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46456

looking at your fuel trims it does not look like their is a big vacuum leak.

Their does not appear to be much knock in those logs, does this knock occur if you accelerate mildly in high gear like 4,5,6 ??

If you can capture a log of when knock occurs and what gear its in would be helpful.

maybe log with oft and set up knock alerts so oft will beep when knock occurs, I put setup in the OFT TIPS thread.
When I went to the car to go for a drive just after having written the initial post, the OFT showed knock correction of -1.39 immediately when the car turned on without me touching the throttle and even with the IAM at 0.77. Very weird and unusual! After a few seconds the rpm dropped below 1400 and the knock stopped.

I just drove over 100 km today mostly highway but also some city driving, and the fuel trim actually seems even better now with more than 200 km done after the new MAF sensor and OEM air filter. Idling between -1.5 and +3 and sometimes even sitting at 0% both at STFT and LTFT. So doesn't really look like a vacuum leak.

I have previously tried to log with the OFT, but after having switched to Ecutek I can see the data live on the OFT and save a file, but I can't get it onto the computer. When I try to connect it, it says "Unconfigured device. Can't be used." - or something like that.

I have however had the alerts set up for a long time, so I tried to figure out the circumstances at which the knock occurs.
It happens in every gear from 1st to 6th, but the interesting thing is, it happens only with throttle between 11%-15%. If I accelerate very slowly with a throttle position of max. 10% theres no knock. If I accelerate harder with throttle position of 16% or above it doesn't knock, and it even adds ignition back, if the IAM had fallen below 1.
Would that indicate a way to aggressive tune at these throttle positions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanadaEh View Post
How do you detect knock while driving? I know how to listen for it when a car is idling, but never heard of it on the move. Also what is IAM? Sorry, would like to supercharge mine in the future and would like to know these things. Thanks!
Have a look here at steve99's Tuning basics. I used my OpenFlashTablet, which I had used to tune before supercharging and changing to Ecutek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS Justin View Post
try a octane booster, just because the fuel is rated 99ron doesn't mean it is.
We have E85 here in the states and where I am it is E85 all the way to E95 coming out of the E85 pump. On the East coast the fuel drops all the way to E60 out of the E85 pump I am told by my friends. which is just crazy but happens
I have already tried different octane boosters. The last one was Torco Race fuel, which also didn't stop the knock, so it probably isn't all about the petrol.
cawith is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cawith For This Useful Post:
FRS Justin (05-23-2017), StraightOuttaCanadaEh (05-23-2017)