View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 08:58 PM   #45
reeves

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Nothing wrong with brand loyalty but what we are trying to get across here is that "Asian" cars sold in the USA in general are really no longer "Asian". For all intents and purposes they are just another American car whose head office happens to be someplace else (looking at you there Chrysler). There are of course some exceptions to that but the majority (and almost every single Toyota) are made by the same type of people, the same manufacturing processes, the same quality control and the same equipment as your normal "American" car. It also needs to be noted that most American cars for foreign markets are now made in countries other than the US so it is a two way street.
Yea I get that. But it doesn't matter if they're made by the same people in the same plant with the same parts, I can't bring myself to trusting an American brand car.. that's really what it comes down to. Could it all be coincidence or bad luck? Sure, but it doesn't matter at this point.. I'm just gonna stick with what has worked well for me.

Maybe brand should matter less today than it did 10-20 years ago, maybe not. But the onus is on American brands to win me back, not for me to take a leap of faith with $20K+ on their cars hoping their reliability has improved.
reeves is offline   Reply With Quote