View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 06:27 PM   #43
reeves

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAEMANO View Post
If that's the case, you've probably been "buying American" for a lot longer than you've known.

In most of these cases, American's designed the cars, built the parts, the plants, and the cars using Toyota's specifications and process. Making a decision about what to buy based on the manufacturer's country of origin is a paradigm that shifted long ago. Now "Toyota" represents a brand more than an island thousands of miles away.
Yea but for me, I really don't care what the design & manufacturing process consists of, or where the car is built. At the end of the day, all that matters is how good the final product is once it gets to me. From my experience, I don't trust American 'brand' cars. Others do, and that's ok too. I'm just sticking with what brand has worked well for me, regardless of where the parts are made or who puts it together. Perception is reality, and no amount of marketing or hype can convince me to spend 20K+ on a historically unreliable 'brand' (from my own experiences).

Like I've said though, seems like American 'brands' are on the right path (for now).. I'll hold off for at least another decade or two before giving them a chance again though. Trust is hard to earn back once you've lost it, and [unfortunately] the American brands have pretty much decimated my trust in them.
reeves is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to reeves For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (04-24-2017)